Sunday, July 8, 2012

www.news4jax.com

Woman killed in multi-vehicle crash

28-year-old dies after big rig entered her lane

Published On: Jun 28 2012 10:37:39 PM EDT Updated On: Jun 29 2012 10:49:49 AM EDT



Semi hits 3 cars; 1 woman dies
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
A 28-year-old woman was killed and four others suffered minor injuries in a crash involving three cars and a tractor-trailer on New Kings Road on Thursday evening.


      According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the crash occurred just before 6 p.m. when Herschell Bessent, 82, pulled out of a BP gas station on New Kings Road near Trout River Boulevard and into the path of a southbound tractor-trailer driven by Allen Watts Jr., 71.
      When the car and big rig collided, the semi-trailer crossed the median and into oncoming traffic, where it was struck by a car driven by 28-year-old Shanell Strickland.
      The tractor-trailer overturned, blocking the roadway and was struck by a car driven by 24-year-old Whitney Taylor.
      Strickland was pronounced dead at the scene. Taylor, Bessent and Watts suffered minor injuries.
      The FHP said charges are pending.




        I would say this is one of the hardest days I had to go through in my life besides the passing of my brother and my grandmother. Shanell was like a sister to me, I first met her in pre-k and did not see her again till 6th grade and we also attended high school together. She was one of the nicest and sweetest person you could ever meet with a big heart, and my heart goes out to her family because the truly lost a angel. I know she is in a better place and I know I shall meet her again but it still hurts so bad to know I can not just pick up the phone and talk to her or see her anymore. She is proof of leaving here to soon so its more of a lesson to live my life because our time here is so short and limited and we really have no idea of the time or day we may go and that is nothing anyone truly would like to think about but thats life.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment